Andromeda White granite is a natural stone from Sri Lanka. It presents a pearl white base with elegant light green hints and burgundy coloured dots that defines this material, brining sophisticated looks to interior and exterior designs which require a natural stone that offers a refined look with incredible performance characteristics and strength.
Granite is a magmatic rock which is made out of quartz and feldspar amongst other minerals. It occurs naturally below the earth’s surface over hundreds of thousands of years resulting in an extremely strong stone that has been used over many civilizations in construction of buildings and monuments and paving. Most recently, granite has become the material of choice for residential homes as it offers unique and exotic looks, durability, strength and investment value to any property in which it is applied. The lack of calcium in granite ensures the stone does not etch like marble when exposed to acid present in lemons, oranges, etc
Slab sizes will cover areas of between 5.5 metre square and 6.5 metre square, which ensures large areas such as kitchen islands are installed seamlessly.
Standard thicknesses for Andromeda White granite slabs are 20mm and 30mm and it comes in standard finishes in polished, honed and special order satin and bush hammered amongst many other finishes, which allow for many options in terms of both design and style.
Features and benefits of granite:
- Simple and luxurious
- Minimal liquid absorption
- Extremely durable
- Popular worktop material due to a mix of looks and investment value
- Available in a wide array colours, thicknesses and finishes
- Unique appearance
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Adds resale value to any property
- Honed finished provides vintage and old fashioned looks
- Easy maintenance regime
- Naturally strong: third strongest mineral on earth
- 100% natural and non-toxic
- Suitable for food preparation areas and healthcare facilities