Black Forest granite possesses one of the most desirable characteristics people look for in natural stone, with the most beautiful veins of crystallized minerals in striking white intrusions.
The stone ranges from astonishingly subtle lines to widely perceptible, among many other spectacular aspects in this grace. Its charm and elegance will look splendid in any given space and its usage lasts for decades.
Black Forest Granite is quarried in India and it is a magmatic rock which is made out of quartz and feldspar amongst other minerals. It occurs naturally below the earth’s surface over hundreds of thousands of years resulting in an extremely strong stone that has been used over many civilizations in construction of buildings and monuments and paving. Most recently, granite has become the material of choice for residential homes as it offers unique and exotic looks, durability, strength and investment value to any property in which it is applied. The lack of calcium in granite ensures the stone does not etch like marble when exposed to acid present in lemons, oranges, etc
Slab sizes will cover areas of between 5.5 metre square and 6.5 metre square, which ensures large areas such as kitchen islands are installed seamlessly.
Standard thicknesses for this White Dallas granite are 20mm and 30mm and it comes in standard finishes in polished, honed and special order satin and bush hammered which allow for many options in terms of both design and style.
Features and benefits of Black Forest granite:
- Simple and luxurious
- Minimal liquid absorption
- Extremely durable
- Popular worktop material due to a mix of looks and investment value
- Available in a wide array colours, thicknesses and finishes
- Unique appearance
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Adds resale value to any property
- Honed finished provides vintage and old fashioned looks
- Easy maintenance regime
- Naturally strong: third strongest mineral on earth
- 100% natural and non-toxic
- Suitable for food preparation areas and healthcare facilities