While there is a multitude of worktop materials available in the market, choosing the best one can be difficult task. Therefore, it’s recommended to understand the pros and cons of all these worktop products to find the one that suits your specific requirements, whether it may be for a residential or commercial project.
Want to upgrade your dull bathroom worktops? Well, finding an excellent looking countertop could be a challenging task and it may be expensive too. With so many bathroom worktops available in the market, it becomes overwhelming if you’re not sure about your preference and how much money to spend on a material.
The most familiar bathroom worktops are marble, granite, quartz, porcelain, ceramics and limestone. Not only that these stone products look great, but they are also very durable, bringing great value in the long term.
But to select the best worktop material for your bathroom, you may need to consider the benefits and downsides of each type, to see how a given product withstands wear and tear according to how much use it will receive.
Here are different bathroom worktop materials, along with their pros and cons, to help you understand which one is the best for your project:
Bathroom floor and stairs in Lennon Granite
This natural stone worktop comes in an infinite range of patterns that vary from subtle to bold. It is one of the premier natural stones available in the market. The elegant designs on the surface of granite are likely to add a dramatic touch to a given space while enhancing the resale value of a property. In addition, granite is an incredibly dense stone, which means it is very difficult to get it chipped or cracked.
Argos Marble wall cladding with a book-matched design
From immemorial times, marble worktops have been symbolic of wealth and luxury. This timeless natural stone comes in many variants. However, its white option with grey veins is the most popular out of all the different varieties. Marble is available in many different colours, patterns and finishes. In addition, there are different slab sizes which according to each block of marble, can adapt to any project.
Quartz bathroom worktops are engineered from the most abundant mineral found in nature. Not only that, but natural quartz stone is amongst the strongest stones on earth. These countertops contain approximately 90% natural quartz, and the other 10% consists of resins, coloured pigments and recycled materials. The best thing about quartz is that it mimics natural stones like granite and marble without any flaws. If you are looking for a bathroom worktop material that requires very little maintenance, quartz is perfect. In addition, quartz doesn’t require sealants and it can be cleaned with household products.
Available in several colours and styles, Laminate bathroom worktops are affordable and considered to be a good option due to its non-porous nature. These countertops are created from the plastic surfaces and further pressure-bonded to form a plywood base or particleboard. With the latest printing technologies, the laminates can be designed to look like realistic natural stones or in wood-like finishes.
Concrete bathroom worktops are also inexpensive, like laminate worktops. This material can be made bespoke, to fit into any bathroom style and can even be made in any desired colour. Therefore, it gives a massive space for artistic and creative creations.
Bathroom worktops, cladding and flooring in Dekton Aga
Porcelain is also a very practical bathroom countertop compared to material such as natural concrete. It is made from clay and raw materials under high temperature and pressure conditions. Because it is heated and pressed in industrial conditions, it results in ultracompact surfaces, impervious to liquids and other substances. The new generation of porcelains known as ‘sintered stones’, offer incredibly realistic designs with marble-effect, concrete-effect, and other natural looks.